Monday, July 5, 2010

The Rest of California

I think I'll continue with bullet points, it's much quicker and i'm sure it's easier to read. If you want more details, you can read Steve's blog.



- after San Fran, we camped at big basin redwoods state park.  Honestly, the redwoods weren't that big.
- the next day, we made a stop at the Hahn Winery (unfortunately, I am not related to them.). We tasted like 10 or 12 delicious wines, I got a little tipsy, and then I bought two bottles and two wine glasses with the name Hahn etched in the sides.  So good.
- then we went to Monterey, and had a tasty seafood lunch
- drove down the coast (such a beautiful drive) to Big Sur, where we were camping.  The view was beautiful, the bathrooms were disgusting.  We also had a minor incident with a hungry raccoon.
- after Big Sur was Ventura.  This place wasn't too bad, we were able to walk to the beach, although it was much too cold to swim.
- we spent a little time on the beach the next morning, then decided to go into LA to check it out.  Went to the California Science Center, which wasn't too bad.
- next day we camped in Malibu, the place was okay, a lot if kids and the bathrooms were stupid.  We got a little bit of hiking in.
- went back into LA again today and saw all of the Hollywood stuff.  It was cool, I felt like such a tourist, but hey, isn't that what I am?
- so tonight were camping in Angeles national forest or something, and tomorrow is Vegas!

Hopefully I'll have a chance to post pictures soon, I know that's way more interesting.

2 comments: